Intel has launched a brand new graphics driver for customers of its Arc A-Sequence and Iris Xe GPUs. This replace delivers some extremely fascinating fixes for Starfield gamers. Among the many enhancements customers ought to see with Intel Graphics Driver 22.214.171.12472 embody: sooner load occasions, higher stability, and fewer visible artifacts.
Final week, Starfield launched in early entry and Intel Arc graphics card customers had been amongst these gnashing their tooth over glitches, wrinkles and bugs. Generally the bugs had been laborious to disregard, like when the sport merely wouldn’t launch, or when it crashed after launch. We had been fairly stunned that Intel hadn’t ready a game-ready driver for this extremely anticipated recreation, because it has earned a very good repute for up to date drivers and optimizations over latest months.
A couple of days in the past, Intel adopted up with an ‘Emergency’ driver replace. This beta patch ultimately allowed Arc GPU homeowners to begin to dabble within the recreation, which was admittedly nonetheless in early entry on the time. Intel confirmed that the beta driver can be put via additional refinement and tuning levels. With driver model 126.96.36.19972 WHQL, Intel says (PDF) the next points have been addressed:
- Starfield (DX12) Sport load period is considerably decreased.
- Starfield (DX12) might expertise instability and software crash whereas launching and through gameplay.
- Starfield (DX12) might exhibit texture corruptions and scene sparkles throughout gameplay.
Like with the interim driver launch, Intel says that the high-preset or beneath needs to be chosen for the very best stability. The above fixes shall be welcomed by early Starfield adopters however there stays an inventory of recognized points within the recreation, launched to the plenty yesterday, which Intel shall be engaged on:
- Starfield (DX12) might expertise software instability in some areas of the sport.
- Starfield (DX12) might exhibit corruption when utilizing Dynamic Decision Scaling. A workaround is to vary the Render Decision Scale slider worth.
- Starfield (DX12) might exhibit texture flickering on mild sources throughout gameplay.
- Starfield (DX12) might exhibit low texture particulars on sure objects within the recreation.
Intel can be engaged on points within the following software program title: Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Assortment, Halo Infinite, Lifeless by Daylight, Topaz Video AI, and Adobe After Results. Final however not least unexplained frequent Arc GPU fan pace will increase are being checked out.
For additional evaluation of how Starfield runs on a variety of graphics playing cards, overlaying samples launched between 2017 to the current day, try our Starfield PC Efficiency information.