Twitch is the second most-watched streaming platform, and it’s not only for players. Within the third quarter of 2022 Twitch averaged 5.71 billion watched hours. So it’s pure to surprise, “How do I stream to Twitch?”
The excellent news is that it’s not arduous to discover ways to stream on Twitch, and there are numerous instruments to simplify this course of. The most effective instruments is OBS, the Open Broadcaster System software program that allows you to stream to any website that makes use of RTMP (Actual-Time Messaging Protocol). Utilizing RTMP is the way you join your gameplay to Twitch, Fb, YouTube, and so on. Beauty instruments, similar to Streamlabs, Stream Parts, and Lightstream are all instruments that enable you make your stream look good and have the essential features of OBS.
On this how-to, we’ll discover ways to use OBS to stream our gaming periods on to Twitch. Earlier than following this how-to, take a look at our getting began with OBS information the place we undergo the fundamentals of establishing this highly effective streaming instrument. That information will present you the right way to obtain and set up OBS, in addition to the right way to work with audio and video sources.
1. Click on on Settings.
2. Choose Stream after which choose Twitch from the Service dropdown menu.
3. Click on Join Account.
4. Log in to your Twitch account.
5. Authorize OBS to connect with Twitch. This can allow OBS to stream on to Twitch.
6. Choose None after which click on Apply and OK. After going by way of the authentication course of, a couple of further options will pop up. BetterTTV and FrankerFaceZ are the emotes used on Twitch to reinforce your stream. BetterTTV is a subscription service that provides you entry to all of the emotes, whereas FrankerZ is an extension that allows you to save your favourite emotes and see different folks’s emotes. The Allow Bandwidth Take a look at Mode permits customers to check a stream earlier than going dwell. This isn’t important and it may be used at your leisure.
7. Drag the Twitch Chat and Stream Data home windows into place. The stream data is the place streamers change the stream title, add tags, and edit the Go Reside Notification message. The notification populates cell phones and desktop notifications with customized messages anytime you go dwell. This can be a choice transfer. For those who like floating home windows, depart them out. For the remainder of us who have been advised to scrub our room and truly loved it, we’ll be popping our home windows into place.
8. Click on on the Scene. Scenes are units of sources grouped collectively. An instance could be one scene for a important digicam, one other scene for an alternate digicam angle, and an extra scene with an utility window open.
9. Click on on + so as to add a supply. There are a couple of totally different sources that may be added. The primary ones we’re involved with are Video Seize Card and Window Seize. Video Seize card refers to a webcam, DSLR, or any kind of digicam enter. It may also be used so as to add a seize card in the event you’re streaming video games out of your console to OBS. Window Seize is to seize the sport that you’re taking part in on the identical PC as OBS. For instance, in the event you open Rainbow Six Siege, it’ll open in its personal window. Then you definately’d add that window through Window Seize to OBS so your stream can see the gameplay.
10. Choose Video Seize Supply and within the new dialog field click on set then identify to “cam” and click on OK.
11. Beneath the Gadgets dropdown, Choose the digicam you’d like to make use of and Click on OK. On my Mac I’ve the default FaceTime cam. In case your setup consists of a couple of digicam, similar to a webcam and a DSLR, you’ll see these choices populate beneath gadgets and you may choose the one you’d like to make use of.
12. Seize the corners of the supply to broaden or shrink to place your digicam. We are able to tweak the dimensions and place of the digicam supply. That is helpful for positioning our digicam feed on high of the sport footage, and vice versa.
13. Begin your sport in your PC or flip in your console. Video games on the identical PC as OBS will use Window Seize, whereas consoles will should be linked through a video seize card and a Video Seize machine in OBS.
Further step for macOS customers: Don’t overlook to change the choice to permit OBS to document your display screen. You’ll see a immediate that takes you proper to the System Preferences.
14. PC Players, from Sources click on on Add Window Seize supply.
15. Identify the supply Gameplay and click on OK.
16. Proper Click on on the Supply, choose Edit Rework. This menu will allow us to have exact management of the place and measurement of the supply.
17. Beneath Dimension, set the decision to 1280 x 720 and click on shut. For those who require a unique decision, change this to fit your necessities.
You’re now able to stream your gaming session on to Twitch. Now you may have the fundamentals to get you began. OBS is a strong instrument, and with it you may have the facility of a broadcast studio in your desktop. You’ll be able to combine dwell video, audio, and pictures together with customized graphics to actually make your stream stand out from the group.