Assume PC gaming, assume Steam. There isn’t any getting away from Valve’s behemoth, particularly because the Steam Deck arrived on the scene. However Steam is just not the one outlet for video games. GoG, Epic, Amazon, Origin (EA) are all properly established names within the area, all with their very own launcher.
Hidden in plain sight, Steam has a characteristic that allows us to launch non-Steam video games with out opening a plethora of launchers, and better of all, these video games may work with Steam Hyperlink in your cellular system, Chromebook, laptop computer or perhaps a Raspberry Pi.
On this how-to, we’ll present you the best way to add your video games to Steam and the best way to add customized backgrounds and logos to match the Steam video games in your library. We efficiently examined Cyberpunk 2077 through GoG, Star Wars: Squadrons through Origin (EA) and Redout through Epic. All of those video games ran completely on our desktop, A Ryzen 5 5600X with 32GB of DDR4 and an Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti. Steam Hyperlink was profitable for 2 of the three examined video games, with solely Redout failing to begin through the Steam Hyperlink on our Samsung TV.
Add a non-Steam Sport to Steam
Steam has lengthy supported non-Steam video games, and the characteristic so as to add them is baked into the Steam app. It solely takes a couple of minutes so as to add your Origin, Epic,GoG video games to the Steam library.
1. Open Steam and click on on Add A Sport, then choose Add a Non-Steam Sport.
2. Click on on Browse to seek for the sport. If the sport is robotically detected, choose it from the record. Our video games are saved on one other drive, and weren’t robotically detected.
3. Choose the executable for the sport and click on Open.
4. Make sure that the entry is highlighted within the record and click on Add Chosen Packages so as to add the sport to your Steam Library.
5. Go to your library and click on on the sport. Our check concerned Star Wars: Squadrons, an Origin / EA recreation.
6. Click on on the Settings cog and choose Properties.
7. Change the secret and shut the window to save lots of. The title is inherited from the executable file for the sport.
Including a Customized Background and Brand
The non-Steam recreation is in your video games library however proper now it doesn’t look the half. It’s lacking a customized background and brand to make it slot in with its Steam friends. Fortunately it is a fast activity requiring only a few clicks.
1. Obtain a customized background to your recreation. We used SteamGridDB to look and obtain a background for our non-steam video games.
2. Click on on the sport in your Steam Library, then proper click on on the banner and choose Set Customized Background.
3. Choose the downloaded background picture and it’ll change the clean banner.
4. Proper click on on the background and choose Set Customized Brand. This can add a brand to the underside left of the background banner picture. This won’t change the sport icon within the library. That’s set through the executable file.
5. Choose the emblem picture and it’ll seem within the backside left nook of the background banner. Once more we used SteamGridDB because the supply for the picture.