AI for Good Problem attracts document variety of pupil groups globally
Immediately, Microsoft is happy to announce the highest 10 world winners of this yr’s annual Think about Cup Junior AI for Good Problem. 1000’s of scholars, aged 13-18, participated within the problem to submit artistic concepts to unravel a few of the world’s greatest points utilizing the ability of synthetic intelligence (AI). With so many superb tasks, the judges had a tough process on their fingers, and each pupil may be extremely pleased with what they completed.
Regardless of the continued uncertainty throughout a worldwide pandemic by which some college students are again in class in particular person whereas others are nonetheless studying remotely, college students discovered artistic methods to deliver their groups collectively, innovate, and study AI alongside the best way. Whether or not college students have been suggesting options for hardships skilled by their mates or household, points they’ve examine within the information, or protect the earth and create a greater world for future generations, their commonplace of submissions was actually awe-inspiring.
“At Microsoft we’re all the time impressed by the creativity within the options submitted by the long run era of scholars. Each pupil who took half introduced their coronary heart to their tasks, which actually got here by means of to the entire judges.”
– Rick Herrmann, Vice President Worldwide Public Sector Schooling
The highest 10 world winner group names, nation/areas, and challenge descriptions are listed beneath in alphabetical order:
- ARISE, Nepal: ARISE is an AI- pushed interactive utility selling accessibility for chemistry laboratory tools utilizing movement and augmented actuality.
- AutoCrab, Hong Kong: AutoCrab is an AI sensor to watch and regulate water high quality in furry crab aquafarms.
- Clear Up Crew, Australia: Clear Up Crew is an all-in-one AI gadget that collects and types waste supplies into applicable classes to be correctly recycled.
- Earthatarian, United Kingdom: Earthatarian is an AI-powered utility to scale back meals waste by predicting the ‘precise expiry’ of stocked meals objects and monitoring meals consumption.
- HACKRR, Philippines: WTFact is a fact-checking browser extension that makes use of AI to detect pretend information and make web customers conscious of on-line mis- and dis-information.
- NeuSparks, China: NeuSparks makes use of Azure AI and Machine Studying to transcribe folks music recordings into digital format (MIDI) that may be simply transmitted and help in sheet music creation and re-composition.
- Sea Waste Scavengers, Indonesia: This AI idea is a ship totally powered by electrical energy from hydro and photo voltaic vitality that tracks, locates, and captures plastic rubbish and delivers it to a recycling plant.
- SkyLine Humanitarian, Vietnam: This AI built-in cellular utility connects hospitals and blood donors by blood kind whereas encouraging potential new blood donors by spreading consciousness.
- Group Sensory Metaverse, India: Sensory Metaverse is a VR idea with a headset and a physique go well with that helps customers not solely see however really feel digital actuality.
- VORA, United States: VORA is a visible object recognition help for the visually impaired.
For Microsoft, it’s inspiring to see an increasing number of educators embracing newer applied sciences like AI, Azure cloud, and machine studying within the classroom, no matter their consolation ranges with know-how. When academics present these experiences to their college students, not solely do college students get the chance to study Microsoft’s AI for Good initiatives, in addition they additional develop and apply trendy and in-demand office abilities like communication, collaboration, essential pondering, and creativity.
Congratulations to ALL of the scholars who participated this yr. On behalf of Microsoft, we will’t wait to listen to from you sooner or later and see the way you proceed to seek out artistic methods to make use of AI to enhance our world.
Are you beginning your journey of studying AI? Check out Microsoft Be taught for College students, MakeCode, Minecraft Hour of Code AI Tutorial, and Hacking STEM. College students older than 16 who wish to take their studying and aggressive expertise even additional are inspired to register for the 2023 Think about Cup Problem and/or apply to be a Microsoft Be taught Scholar Ambassador at a college or school.
Keep tuned for the subsequent Think about Cup Junior Problem!